Baptism is a simple ceremony of washing in water, practised by Christians since the time of Jesus.
Some may decide to publicly acknowledge their faith. In the church we do this formally through Baptism.
Parents are welcome to bring their infants to Baptism (sometimes called Christening) and encourage and support them until they are old enough to make their own response.
PLEASE NOTE: Some browsers will permit the filling in of the form IN the browser. Do NOT try to fill in the form in this way, as your form will NOT be sent when you click on Submit, and the details will NOT be saved. You MUST follow the steps below.
Filling in and submission of the Baptism Application form. (It is best to do this on a computer with a keyboard, not on a phone or other device):
1. Click on the link to open the file.
2. Click on the download button in the top right-hand side of the grey area on screen – that’s the button with the down arrow on it.
3. Save the document to your desktop.
4. Double click on the desktop file to open the document. NOW you can fill in the document by typing in the blank spaces.
5. Click in one of the square boxes to indicate whether this form is being filled in for yourself or for a child.
6. Use the Tab key to progress through the document, answering all questions. This will take you through the questions in the correct sequence.
7. When you have completed answering all questions, click on the green submit button at the foot of the page. This will open an e-mail message form. You will see that the address to which the form must be sent is already filled in. If you wish, you can add to the message in the body of the document. When you click on send, your e-mail, as well as the attached filled form, will be sent to the Church Office for processing.
To discuss Baptism for yourself or your child, we welcome you to contact:
- Br Simon Waters (TSSF) 08 8392 4521
- Father Brenton Dick 0417 831 880
- Deacon Peter Chapman 0428 959 213